West Lothian is a proud region that has seen its fortunes change radically over many decades. The old industries have made way for skilled, hi-tech operations that have helped push both the community and the economy forward.
Unforunately there are those who, through no fault of their own are less fortunate and have fallen on hard times. With this in mind the Directors approved the formation of the Ashwood Scotland Foundation – A Charitable Trust which is funded by the Company and supports worthwhile causes with the vision of making a long term difference to those communities in which we work & live.
The Ashwood Foundation has been established to distribute funds from a Trust to:
- Registered Charities
- Not-for-profit social or benevolent organisations working for:
- Causes as defined by the Trustees as worthy enough to warrant receipt of a donation
- the improvement of the quality of life in West Lothian
- the advancement of citizenship or community development
- the advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science
- the advancement of public participation in sport
- the provision of recreational facilities
- Individuals in need of assistance
Ashwood Foundation – Achieving our charitable purpose:
To agree on suitable beneficiaries for funds from year to year, the Trustees will meet twice annually, in June and November, to discuss the range of candidates that will receive donations. Released funds will then be distributed accordingly within three months of Ashwood Scotland Ltd’s year end.
Do you think your charity or organisation in West Lothian could qualify for financial assistance from the Ashwood Foundation. In the first instance, please write to: The Ashwood Foundation, Ashwood House, Starlaw Road, Bathgate, West Lothian, EH47 7BW.